Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sew Soft Toy Blocks and Upcycle Baby Clothes

Please visit Associated Content to read my tutorial for keepsake baby blocks.  I make my soft baby blocks differently by repurposing pieces of sweet baby clothes.  Cute appliques make cute blocks, but using premade appliques from baby's clothes helps this project to make up super quick.






These are great for stacking and safe throwing.  I think this is a cute way to upcycle and repurpose baby clothes that have been outgrown, stained, or ruined.  They make great nursery decorations, too.  These blocks are also a little addictive to make; my baby has a huge set of these because I am always coming across cute appliques and wanting to make just one or two more.  Please read my tutorial and make some for a child you love!  There are instructions included on how to get the jingle bell inside to jingle properly and not be muffled by the stuffing, as well as how to successfully make these using knit fabrics from baby onesies.


Thank you for reading my work at AC!  I hope you enjoy this project as much as I do, and I hope the toys you make are played with and loved as well as our set!  Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

sewfunquilts said...

Your toys/blocks are sew cute and that's a wonderful way to upcycle baby clothes. Clever you!

Please check out my blog too:

http://sewfunquilts.sewmeow.blogspot.com

Thanks.

angie said...

This is a great idea! I like the soft blocks a lot. And I love upcyling. What a great way to reduce waste and create a keepsake at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea. These would be so fun to keep and pass on to the next generation too because they are made from clothes your kids wore. So fun to up-cycle!

Jill said...

Great idea - so well made!

Thanks so much for linking to A Round Tuit! Hope you're having a fabulous week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

maleahbliss said...

GREAT idea! What an easy way to give soft blocks an added flare!
I'd love for you to link up to my new linky party, Tute {Yourself} Tuesday!
LittleEme.blogspot.com
The linky will be open until this evening. :)

Anonymous said...

such a good idea!! love recycling! Thanks so much for coming and linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings!! Make sure to come by tomorrow for a giveaway!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm featuring your blocks today at MMM :) Come grab a C.R.A.F.T. featured me button and link up another great idea :)