Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Favorite Bias Skirt from One Yard

I keep showing ya'll the awesome projects I have made following patterns in the book One-Yard Wonders, because I know ya'll would like to make them too.

I am not sure how I haven't said much yet about the bias skirt pattern in this book, because this has been my most loved and favorite project I have made from the book yet.

I have made 6 or 7 of these bias skirts and worn one most every day for months now.  Here is my most favorite:


 
Besides the awesomeness of making a skirt from just a yard of fabric, this skirt pattern is super easy, too.  If you use your serger to roll the hem, as I do, you can make one in under half an hour.  The bias cut is super flattering and the elastic waist is most comfortable for a skirt.  I have found that this pattern, cut just a tiny bit smaller, makes an excellent half slip, too.   This pattern alone has been worth the price I paid for this book.

As you all know, I highly recommend this book chock full of (101) easy sewing projects to wear, use, and give as gifts.  If you haven't yet, you should buy it now

I will be back soon; Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

cute skirt

Olivia said...

That's nice! Thanks you for sharing!

Do you know anything about sewing wedding dresses for pregnant women? A friend asked me about this, and I'm a bit stuck.

Olivia

Millie Green said...

I am working on my very first wedding dress design, now; I am totally winging it. The only thing I can think to say about sewing a wedding dress for a pregnant lady would be to choose something with an empire waist. I could see soft flowing layered skirts (chiffon? maybe)with a satin cummerbund type sash beneath the bust. But really, no, I don't know anything about sewing wedding dresses for pregnant ladies! Have fun with it, though, and good luck!

L. Eleana Johnson said...

That's a really cute skirt! I haven't sewn in such a long time. But I managed to hem my daughter's pants today. Thank God it all worked out.

Have a great weekend!

Unplanned Cooking said...

Such a cute skirt! Love the fabric you chose :).

Home Project Manager said...

I love the One Yard Wonders book!!! I have used it for a few things...(Cookin N Style Apron with my own modifications/changes to measurements & the ironing board covers).

I am going to have to try the bias skirt too now.

Fun!